Saturday, February 4, 2012

Busy busy

I have been so busy lately. Between school, the internet only working about 6 hours a day, enjoying my beautiful little ray of sunshine, and getting life in general figured out I've been having a hard time getting online. Katie and I have both been sick. First the stomach flu, then now we're down with a sore throat, cough, and congestion. It really stinks because there are no cold meds for babies :(

I haven't been able to cook much - the oven broke! Only the broiler works: the bottom heat element doesn't work. Boooooo :( have you ever made pizza under a broiler? It makes for a soggy crust that's for sure. I had to bake with the oven open - what a difference from the "CLOSE THE OVEN SO THE HEAT STAYS IN!"

Katie has been amazing. She learns new things every day. She watches me drink my coffee and she blows on it for me and says "HOT!". She loves her Morningstar sausages and chick'n nuggets, and lately she's been indulging in apples quite a bit. She loves it when I give her a half an apple (cored/peeled). She walks around nibbling on it for what seems like hours, but she's getting faster at it. I think she ate a whole half in under 30 minutes this morning.

When she sees one of our (many) cats, she says "meow?" and the dogs are still "dada". She gets so excited when she sees the horses that she still doesn't know what to call them, she just gets super happy and giddy.

Tomorrow we have to drive to Sacramento. Ugggggg. Won't even get to see friends because we're sick. Bor-ing!

1 comment:

  1. Morning Star? Are you girls vegetarian? I lived off of Morning Star in college! :) Your life sounds like mines on a Tuesday. Lol. Keep your head up, our lives existed before internet and ovens.

    ReplyDelete