Sunday, April 22, 2012

Baked Citrus Artichokes and Dijon Lime Dipping Sauce

I bought some artichokes last week, and only today got around to cooking them. I was going to steam them, but decided to do something different. I don't think I'll ever steam them again, as long as I have an oven!! I baked them and they were osoyummy!

First I simply cut them in half, laid them open side up, drizzled a little olive oil (which, in hindsight, I could have left out), sprinkled some salt, put a lemon slice on it and sliced onions, and covered. I put them in the oven for about 15 mins on 375, then flipped them so that the moisture would stay in and the oil would drain out. Put them back in for about 15 more minutes (still covered). I want to try this with orange slices instead of lemon. I think it'd be just as good but completely different!

I made a dipping sauce that was *almost* guiltless, and SUPER yummy. I have a new favorite!!! I took about 1 Tbs of mayo, 1 Tbs of dijon mustard, and 1 Tbs of lime juice, added a little fresh ground pepper, and mixed well. This was the perfect amount of dipping sauce for 1 1/2 artichokes - yes I had a heck of an appetite tonight LOL!


I whipped up some grits for Katie, and had to try them as well. My first time making grits that weren't instant - weren't too bad but they could have been better.


No comments:

Post a Comment