Thursday, May 3, 2012

Smoked Tuna Quesadilla

My internet got "dumbed" down to dial-up speed. I had no idea I had a usage meter! So they cut me down to super slow and seriously, it took 15 minutes to upload the following two photos. 

I found a fun way to re-use some of our favorite clothes that I can't bring myself to get rid of... Katie's got a dolly that is pretty decent size, and it fits her 12m clothes almost perfectly! 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Smoked Tuna Quesadilla

I made a quesadilla that a friend of mine inspired. I tweaked it a little bit and figured I'd share:

Smoked Tuna Pouch (Starkist Creations) - this also works with solid white tuna in water with a little liquid smoke!
Tortillas - works with corn or flour!
2 chopped Green Onions
1 tsp Lime Juice
2tsp Mayo
Wing Sauce
1oz Cheese (I use sharp cheddar).

I only used 1oz of cheese because really, you don't need much cheese for this. Pretty much only enough cheese to hold it all together, depending on the tortilla size. I used 13" tortillas for the photo here, so I was able to make a giant quesadilla which was really like 600 calories, but if you break it into 2 meals, or share it with someone, it's guiltless! I put the cheese down spread evenly, then the tuna mixture (mixed with the rest of the ingredients). I cooked on medium with a little non-stick spray - the key (I believe) is to cook it slowly. You don't want to burn the tortilla, and you want it hot enough to melt the cheese and get the tuna hot.

Crisp both sides, enjoy! You don't even really need dipping sauce because it's so yummy just the way it is! I am not much a fan of tuna, but this just melts in your mouth. Delicious!




3 comments:

  1. I make a grilled wrap (on a panini press) that is a lot like this - so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom's shopping for a panini press. I can't wait till she finally gets one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've found that the Foreman works great for these too!

    ReplyDelete