Saturday, May 26, 2012

Pizza.... everything!

So I had some Nasoya wonton wrappers and turkey pepperoni in the fridge.... I've been dying to make pizza wontons, so I made a special trip to town to get cheese. Mark this on the calendar, because I rarely go to town for ONE thing! Okay, so it turned out that I got more than one thing when I found Grands Crescent Rolls 2/$1!! So I figured I'd have some fun with it all while I was at it. 


I tried pinching the wrappers to 'seal' them but that didn't work, so I started using a fork to press the edges together and that worked almost too well. Upon frying them, they filled up with air and I was concerned they were going to pop at me, but they didn't.... 


I fried them in about 1/2" of EVOO in a non stick pan. The cheese melts down to almost nothing, but you can still taste it:  


Rather than putting the sauce inside the wonton and risking the sauce leaking into the frying oil and exploding on me, I served them in a bowl with marinara for dipping. Delicious! 


Now, for those Grands rolls I found on sale: 

I unrolled the dough rolls (keep in mind, the instructions say DO NOT unroll them). You kinda have to unroll them to make them even more perfect ;) 

Anyway, I placed two pepperoni and two tiny pieces of cheese on the strip of dough and rolled it back up: 


I used two cans of biscuits since I was cooking for 5 people. They looked like perfection going into the oven! Since my daughter's vegan, I made hers with soy pepperoni and Veggie Singles - the cheese melted and everything so you could hardly tell the difference by looking at it. She was super happy to be eating what everyone else was eating... *wink wink*


Finally.... I served these in the middle of the wontons. They were great dipped in the marinara, too! 




No comments:

Post a Comment