Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Back to school!

I am going back to school! Today I started 3 online workshops to assist me in jumping back into the online learning environment. It's a bit different than the online learning I did to get my Associates' degree, but at least I'm in the same school: University of Phoenix. Classes start next Tuesday! Meanwhile, the 3 day workshops take up a lot more time than I'd anticipated. Definitely a lesson on time management for me.

******************************************************************

I baked some tofu yesterday. A little bit about me: I LOVE TOFU! I consider myself a bit of a tofu connoisseur because I'll try it any way at least once, and I'm super particular how it *should* taste, versus how some places serve it. Rather than fry it like I usually do (baking = less oil = still working on losing that 40 lbs!), I baked it! And boy was it delicious! I don't like soft/soggy tofu. It's gotta have some texture to it, so I was kind of wary of baking it. Here's what I did: 

Got a simple metal cake pan (I am pretty sure this'll work better in a glass pan). Placed a whole brick of Azumaya firm tofu in the pan, poked a few holes in the top with my finger, drizzled with about 2T of EVOO and made sure it coated the whole brick (and underneath so it wouldn't stick). Then I added about 2T of liquid smoke, sprinkled with seasoned salt, and placed in a 375* oven for about 45 minutes. UNCOVERED! I believe covering will make it soggy and the point is to dry it out a little bit in keeping it uncovered. Once it was browned on the edges and a little tough on the sides, I removed from the oven, let cool, and had a fantastic lunch. Even Katie enjoyed it! 


Note: This would work great with extra firm tofu as well.


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on going back to school. As I've said before, I am horrible with online time management. I have like interweb ADD and can't focus. One link leads to another, leads to another... before I know it - I've failed my class. :/ You're pretty organized, you should do great!

    ReplyDelete