Friday, January 13, 2012

Fried pickles? Who'da thunk?

So today I finished my 3 workshops for school prep. They were a lot more work than I'd planned on but hey, they sure got me back in the zone to start school!

I experimented with frying pickles and olives. They turned out super yummy but way too greasy. Because the pickles and olives held their own moisture, I simply dipped them in a flour/seasoning mixture I'd prepared, then deep fried them in vegetable oil for about 2 minutes.

Next time, I will prepare a batter and try baking them. Less grease and it'll give it more texture.


************************************************************

Now, a friend of mine made tortillas from scratch, and they look oh so yummy! Here's my next plan of attack: 

Recipe and prep report hopefully soon!

***************************************************************

Here's a little piece of heaven to brighten your day:

No comments:

Post a Comment