Saturday, January 14, 2012

Budget Tip

So today mom and I hit Big Lots. Well, not literally, but we caught the tail end of their Christmas decor sale. We scored some wrapping paper and ornaments for 75% off!

If you're anything like me, buying Ziploc type bags is annoying. They're overpriced, and never last long enough. I usually try to re-use them because I just don't like to buy them. At the Dollar Tree, they are a buck for about 30-50 sandwich baggies. Not too bad, right? Well, they're also a buck for 15 big zipper bags. Still, okay but I hate paying that.

Most stores with holiday decor (any holiday really!) have snack baggies: holiday decorated zipper bags. So, keeping the Dollar Tree prices in mind, imagine a 30 pack of cute decorated sandwich baggies, for THIRTY CENTS! Yep, $0.30 for 30 zip up sandwich baggies, and $0.30 for a 15 pack of the full size baggies. Needless to say, we stocked up (okay, bought about $3 worth). Who cares if there's a penguin on the baggy? The milk jug in the fridge isn't going to complain about the view. Also, they make for handy "doggy bags" when you have guests over. Can never be too prepared.

**********************************************

1 comment:

  1. Are you kidding me? I love the "designer" ziplock bags. Lol. Target sometimes gets them in their Dollar Section depending on the season. Right now they have snack bags with Hello Kitty hearts. They're the perfect size for goldfish and crackers. I hate buying foil for my guests to take food home. It looks terrible to me! Instead I buy plate covers from the Dollar Tree. I'm laughing because my mom thinks they look like shower caps (and they do) but they come in all sizes for cups, plates, bowls... whatever. When I pull them out, people decline them and reach for the foil. Lol! ;)

    ReplyDelete