Friday, January 20, 2012

Sweets

Today, I had some more fresh raspberries that Katie wasn't eating. Of course, once I wanted to start cooking with them, she wanted to eat them! After I convinced her they were all gone, I was able to start cooking.

First, I started with cheesecake cupcakes. I was going to mix in some of the raspberries but totally spaced on it. Oops! They turned out fantastic anyway, and only took about ten minutes to prep! I got the recipe from here but I'll post it as well how I made them.

You'll need to make a graham cracker crust, so crumbled graham crackers, brown sugar and butter mixed together and pressed into the bottom of your cupcake cups.

Now, for the filling, you'll need:

2 packages of room temp cream cheese
3/4 c powdered sugar
2T lemon or lime juice
1tsp vanilla flavor
2 eggs

Mix together in a mixing bowl. I used my electric mixer and once I broke through the cheese I was able to mix on high for about 3 minutes. It'll be a little lumpy but don't worry, that bakes out.

Spoon into cupcake cups. Bake at 350* for about 18 minutes.



Here's what they bake out to. Super smooth and yummy! 


Let cool, then chill. I didn't "chill" them, I only let them cool. I think they'll be a lot better once COLD!
 
Now, my one regret was that I did not add brown sugar to the crust, so the graham crackers crumbled out and didn't stay together. Next time, I'll add brown sugar to hold the crust together. 

 

*******************************************************
 Now, I reduced the raspberries with some orange liquer and strawberry soda. About 5 minutes after they started boiling, I added about 2/3c of sugar.


I used the leftover graham cracker crust for the raspberry whateveritis.


I poured the raspberry reduction over the crust, then placed some Grand's biscuits on top. Baked at 325* for about 20 minutes. We enjoyed it with some Reddi-Whip! 

1 comment:

  1. I love the name Raspberry Whateveritis! Lol. Looks good, whateveritis! ;)

    ReplyDelete