Monday, January 9, 2012

Breakfast time!

I have a new favorite. It's great for on the go breakfast, portion control, and it's delicious! These breakfast cupcakes are simple, super quick, and most of all - delicious!

You'll need:

Cupcake pan
As many eggs as you do cupcake slots
Cupcake cups (optional)
Spray oil/nonstick spray
Potatoes (chopped, tater tots, rounds or however you like your potatoes)
Seasoning of choice (I like salt/pepper)
Cheese of choice

Optional add-ins:
Chopped peppers/onions
Bacon bits
Chopped ham
Crumbled sausage

Prep:
  • Spray cupcake pan or cupcake cups with nonstick spray
  • Layer bottom of cup with potatoes (with potato rounds, I use 3 rounds)
  • Crack egg over potatoes
  • Sprinkle egg with seasoning
  • Dash of cheese on top
Bake:
Place in a 400* oven for 15 minutes. Keep in mind, I like my eggs well done, so the timing can vary depending on how you like your eggs. Well done is also more freeze friendly for meals on the go.

It goes great as is, or dipped in your favorite sauce. I like buffalo sauce.


Cute, huh? I used the cupcake cups left over from Katie's birthday party.

No comments:

Post a Comment